This is the first post by Jessica Norrie detailing a blog tour for her recent publication ‘the Magic Carpet’. I’d read references to blog tours but this post is the first time I’ve read how to go about it. (In one of the comments, she gives a website that will help).
Subsequent posts tell us how the blog tour went.
I’ll certainly be looking at this idea to help publicise my forthcoming book of short stories.
And then there’s our second writing group anthology…
When I published The Infinity Pool in 2015 I barely knew what a blog was, let alone a blog tour. I didn’t envisage blogging myself, and I had no idea of the goodwill, time, energy and commitment put into spreading the word about books by bookbloggers, helping readers choose and writers survive.
More experienced authors pointed me in their direction and I began to get in touch with them, mostly via Facebook. It could be laborious – not because the bookbloggers were obstructive or unhelpful, quite the opposite. They were generous, informative and kind. But life became full of tasks and lists:
- Identify and visit blogs.
- Get a deeper sense of their flavour by exploring a number of posts.
- Read guidelines, consider if they apply to me.
- If they do, construct a polite contact email.
- Await a reply, consider whether to contact again (most bloggers are very prompt about responding…
View original post 552 more words